VeganPerth.org.au has the lowdown to this year’s Valentine’s Day shopping guide. We visited the Generics HQ at Northbridge and sat down with Perth’s leading apothecary, Lisa Chau, for a quick chat.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? I love a nice hot shower to wake me up before whipping up a super green smoothie, then take a walk to work.
- What’s your favourite colour? I love blues! Chambray, royal, and cobalt blue!
- What’s your favourite spice? Masala Chai blends
- What’s your favourite movie? Anchorman, most definitely!
- What’s the coolest item that you have in store? Ron Bourbondy vegan candle – a fermented vanilla bourbon with a hint of bergamot. Its smells like like Ron!
- What’s your spirit animal, why? My spirit animal is the Horse. Adventurous, wild and free spirited, entering into new territory and paving the way for new pathways.
- What’s your favourite country to visit, why? Australia… it’s home sweet home! Our beautiful rugged, romantic landscapes, warm summer suns, and awesome people.
- What’s the best candle to get for Valentine’s Day? We have blended a new valentines day candle named ‘BLACK BEAUTY’ – A rich, seductive blend of velvet rose, red wine and dark chocolate.
We browsed the store and found heaps of vegan products! It’s like a dreamland!
Here’s a list of vegan products that they sell which are mostly made in Australia (hooray for local!):
- HERBIVORE BOTANICALS // gemstone skincare ( Seattle, USA )
- HUNTER LAB // mens vegan skincare ( Melbourne, AUSTRALIA )
- CARRIAGE 55 // vegan cold process soap ( Montreal, CANADA )
- PARLOUR APOTHECARY // Victorian botanical perfume ( Santa Barbara, USA )
- CLEAN SLATE // vegan skincare ( Perth, AUSTRALIA )-
- ARTIS CLAY // body detox scrub ( Perth, AUSTRALIA )
- GENERICS URBAN APOTHECARY // Organic Skin Food & Vegan Candles (Perth, AUSTRALIA)
- TMF COSMETICS // Mineral Make up ( Perth, AUSTRALIA )
- ECO TAN // Organic & natural suncare & tanning ( Burleigh Heads, AUSTRALIA )
- COCOOIL // #SPF Coconut Oil & Suncare ( Sydney, AUSTRALIA )
- LUNA BRONZE // Organic Self Tanning Moisturiser ( Melbourne , VIC)
For this trip, we were able to try some of their best selling products.
- Vegan African Violet Candle ($29) – this candle has a classic feminine scent and it reminds us of the movie Casablanca. A must-have for a romantic dinner by candlelight.
- Vegan Drunken Koala Candle ($29) – this one’s perfect when you’re having a barbecue with your mates!
- Vegan Kakadu Plum Candle ($29) – for some reason, this reminds me of Chinese New Year. Huat ah!
- Vegan Masala Scrub Lip Balm ($26) – I used to use sugar lip scrubs but the vegan Masala Scrub Lip Balm is a total game changer! I say pucker up and get ready for that Valentine’s Day kiss as there will be no chapped lips in sight.
- Vegan Aphrodite Organic Perfume Oil ($29) – A very delicate scent with a hint of rose. Probably the only scent that made me say bye bye to Chanel Chance. It’s not overpowering and it gives you a nice top note. Just dab a bit on your pulse points and you’re ready to go.
So there you have it, shopping for Valentine’s Day isn’t rocket science after all.
Visit their store here: